Friday, December 23

Holidays are for Giving

I would like to say, first & foremost, in the spirit of Christmas or all that you celebrate, Grazie mille! to all my faithful fans, long time readers, and occasional drive-bys wherever you may be.  And while I'm thrilled that there are people out there who take time out of their day and select my blog of the 10 trillion 489 thousand blogs to choose from (and that's excluding the Chinese!), this season, I thought I'd ask for something in return.
I came across this terrific post at Blogher.com by author & blogger, Melissa Ford.  She suggests a few things to give your favorite blogger - which won't cost money, will seriously cheer someone up (namely, me!) and make the world of difference in someone's life [insert image of 70s star Sally Struthers and her charity here].
from VinMag.com - gift items for sale
Give the Gift of Comments.  And I quote:
I know you're probably thinking this gift sounds akin to receiving socks under the Christmas tree, but hear me out.  What do writers want most of all? They want eyes on their work and a response to their work.  Bloggers crave traffic because traffic equals human beings all enjoying the words they've strung together.  And they like comments because no one wants to speak into a vacuum.  We want to know that our words were heard and to know how the reader received them.
So, if any of you want a New Year's Resolution you can stick to...how about commenting on posts every now and again?  Letting us know someone is 'out there'.  In the words of Christopher Robbin to Winnie-the-Pooh..."Are you there, Pooh?  Good. I just wanted to be sure of you."

To read the full blog post and see Melissa's 'gift certificate' list, click here.

Grazie del pensiero!  
Buone Feste - 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I read your blog because my fiance has a strong Italian heritage and we are considering moving to Italy. You are one of the few who point out the problems we would be facing. All places come with problems.
You can be sure that I'm here, reading.

Irreverent Italy said...

Thanks for your comment! If you go back & have a look at the early posts, you'll find a lot more cultural references - vs - the day-to-day nonsense that one encounters (in any culture)...!

Not to make a plug, but my book pretty much captures most of the stereotypes that give us all a great big kick. But as someone pointed out on my Burnt FB page...It's also why we wouldn't live anywhere else!!!

Enjoy & keep me posted on how you're faring...

taryn said...

Ciao, ciao! I am 4 months shy of 3 years in Tuscany, about half way between Pisa and Firenze. I live in a teeny-tiny little town that isn't even on most maps.

Your blogs are funny (humor in truth!) and put voice to so many of the nutty things I see happening around me every day in bella Italia. Thanks for writing!